...and just relax. We certainly realize that this can be a stressful time of year for seniors as they are trying to make the big decision about where to go to school, how to finance their education, where their friends are going and actually enjoying the end of their senior year. And many juniors are watching their friends go through this process and starting to freak out that they need to get started! While many people say that college is the best time of your life, there are still so many great memories from high school, that you don't want to miss any of them because you are stressed out about moving to the next phase. Wherever you are in this process, our advice is to take time to breathe and do a little stress management. Here are our top 10 tips:
10. Just smile & laugh - these simple acts make you feel better automatically. Find something humorous (movie, comic strip, friend, etc) and just let go.
9. Be realistic about your expectations.
8. Sit in total silence or listen to classical or other soothing music for 15 minutes.
7. Work out - release those endorphins!
6. Treat yourself to a favorite food (anything chocolate, Ben & Jerry's ice cream...)
5. Find one positive thing each day that you have never noticed before.
4. Talk through stressful situations with family and friends.
3. Give back to the community - it allows you to take your mind off other things and gives you a chance to make a difference in someone's life.
2. Force yourself to slow down and enjoy every moment - stop to smell the roses!
1. Take this advice - Don't Worry, Be Happy
When you do make your final decision regarding your college choice, you will be able to truly celebrate and enjoy the rest of your time in high school while preparing for the next great adventure. We wish you the best of luck in making your decision and hope to see you on our campus!
Emily Forbes, Admission Counselor