I don't know about you- BUT- I am OBSESSED with dogs. I love their whole perspective on life. They smile at you and with you. They wag their tail through anything. They never hold any grudges. They never complain. They are happy just to sit next to you when you need them too. They eat anything you give them. My dog always wants to go on a run with me, no excuses. They have hearts of gold and are true loyal friends for life.
~Now here are a few fun facts about dogs that you may find surprising and others that you may just chuckle over if you are a fellow dog lover~
- More than 1 in 3 American families own a dog, therefore proving that dogs are just as much as part of the family as anyone.
- It is a myth that dogs are color blind. They do actually see in color, just not as vividly as humans. (Our model dogs chose their scarves because they brought out the shine in their eyes and enhance their doggy highlights J)
- 80% of dog owners buy their dog a present for holidays and birthdays. More than half of them sign letters and cards from themselves and their pets.
- Most pet owners, more than 94% say their pet makes them smile more than once a day
- Golden retrievers attract dates.
(Men- that’s why you walk around with golden puppies, to attract the ladies. Just know that I am on to you)
- Dog nose prints are as unique as human finger prints and can be used as identification
- The most popular male dog names are Max & Jake.
- The most popular female dog names are Maggie & Molly.
- Those people born under the sign of the dog in Chinese astrology are considered to be loyal and discreet, though slightly temperamental.
- Dogs are about as smart as 3 year olds, meaning they can understand about 150-200 words, including signals and hand movements with the same meanings as words.
- One survey reported that 33% of dog owners admit they talk to their dogs on the phone or leave messages on answering machines while their away.
- It has been established that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, and have fewer heart attacks.
I hope you enjoyed these few fun facts about our furry friends.
PS- The scarves on the dogs are exclusive "donnicharm" scarves.
See- donnicharm.com to see the enitre collection!
Doggy Fact Credit to: Funny Fidos.com